• The Religious Racket - The Conspiracy of Prophet, Priest and King

The Religious Racket - The Conspiracy of Prophet, Priest and King
    by Pastor Peter J. Peters

After attending the National Religious Broadcasters Convention in Washington, DC, I decided to again address on radio, television and in this newsletter, the religious racket in America. It's no coincidence that America has more churches, radio and television evangelists than it has ever had before and at the same time, it has more homosexuals, crime, drugs, immorality, divorce, etc., than ever before.

The words of Jeremiah fit our time: "Also among the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen a horrible thing: ... they strengthen the hands of evildoers so that no one has turned back from his wickedness .... But if they had stood in My council, then they would have announced My words to My people, and would have turned them back from their evil way and from the evil of their deeds." (Jeremiah 23:14, 22).

Conspiracy of Prophet, Priest and King

The age old conspiracy of prophet, priest and king exists today, unobserved by most. Ezekiel addressed it in 22:25-28:

"There is a conspiracy of her prophets in her midst, like a roaring lion tearing the prey. They have devoured lives; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in the midst of her. Her priests have done violence to My law and have profaned My holy things; they have made no distinction between the pure and the profane; and they have not taught the difference between the unclean and clean; and they hide their eyes from My sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. Her princes within her are like wolves tearing the prey, by shedding blood and destroying lives in order to get dishonest gain. And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, 'Thus says the LORD (Yahweh) God,' when the LORD (Yahweh) has not spoken."

The prophet and priest represent the religious leaders of our day and the king represents the government of our day. Most do not see this conspiracy though it is in plain sight, because most have been made to believe (by present day religious leaders) that Christianity is some kind of religion designed simply to get a person to heaven and keep him out of hell.

Christianity was once called THE WAY (Acts 19:23). It was a way of life. It was the way of God vs the way of man. It was a message of the KINGDOM OF GOD where His will would be done on earth as it is in heaven. Webster's 1828 Dictionary defines the kingdom as: In Scripture the government or universal dominion of God. The kingdom message pertained to government. "For unto us (Israel) a child is born, unto us (Israel) a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, ..." (Isaiah 9:6, 7) The definition of government in Webster's 1828 Dictionary is: The exercise of authority, direction and restraint exercised over the actions of men in communities, societies or states.

Now there are only two authorities: God's and man's. "... We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29). Thus, since government is the exercise of authority and there are only two authorities, then there are only two types of government: God's and man's. In other words, it will be either God's way which is a way of blessings and life, or man's way which is a way of curses and death. The choice for His people is still the same: "... I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants." (Deuteronomy 30:19).

The message of the kingdom turns the world upside down (Acts 17:6). This was good news for the oppressed, plundered, enslaved on the bottom of the pile but likewise bad news for the men on the top. The establishment or order or system—or as the Bible puts it 'the world'—sees Christians or THE WAY, and rightly so, as a threat.

Man's government is one of powerful central government, enslaving, regulating, controlling and plundering the people. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. For it to exist, there must be the proper type of religious leaders called in the Bible 'Baal Priests.' This can be seen in the Bible story of wicked Ahab and Jezebel, the king and queen whose administration was one of deceit, murder, robbery, plunder, increase in homosexuality, etc. What was the first thing they did when they got into office? "So he (Ahab) erected an altar for Baal in the house of Baal, ..." (1 Kings 16:32). For man's government to exist, there must be the right type of religious leaders.

There is a chain of cause and effect wherein the social system is determined by the economic system. It's a known fact politicians affect one's economics. The political system is determined by the spiritual condition of the people. For example, a few decades ago, a politician would have committed political suicide if he favoured abortion or homosexuals. Not so today. Why? Because the spiritual condition of the people has changed. And what is it that determines the spiritual condition of the people? The religious leaders! So man's government and resulting economic social system is determined by the religious leaders. Thus evolves a symbiotic relationship between them.

In nature when any two organisms live together with mutual benefit, it is called a mutual symbiotic relationship. An example of such a relationship is the tick bird and the water buffalo. As the water buffalo feeds on, chews and devours the grass, bugs and ticks begin to accumulate on him making life unpleasant. The tick bird then takes up residence on his back and eats the ticks and bugs. The water buffalo benefits with the tick bird living on his back and the tick bird gets an easy meal. The relationship is one of "you pat my beck and I'll pat yours." They both benefit from one another and enjoy the good life because of each other. The water buffalo is tick free and comfortable and the tick bird is fat and full.

The same type of relationship does and has always existed in the political area of life between KING and PRIEST. Just as the water buffalo does not want the annoyance of bugs and ticks as he feeds on and devours grass, so a king does not want the annoyance of resistance as he feeds off the fruits of the labors of the citizens. As he taxes, assesses and controls the people, tax resistors and uncooperative citizens make life most unpleasant for a king. The religious priest, like the tick bird likes to eat and prefers easy pickings, thus develops a symbiotic relationship.

The job of Baal Priest is to convince the people that all government is ordained of God and is to be obeyed least they go to hell. They then pervert and misteach passages such as Romans 13, 1 Peter 2:13-16 and Titus 3:1. As the people suffer the consequences of choosing man's system, they are then told by the prophet, I'm okay you're okay, this world is not your home, you are just passing through. The people are neutralized and the religion serves as the opiate of the people.

The king grants a tax-exempt status to the prophet and priest and both of them benefit from one another. The false prophet naturally chooses not to expose the racket but to prosper from it and when the true prophets expose the racket, the system, through various means from media, law enforcement, tax harassment, imprisonment, works to silence them.

And who is ultimately responsible for the racket? The ones who establish the religious leaders which is the people themselves. "The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will we do in the end thereof?"(Jeremiah 5:31). "And it will be, like the people, like the priest, ..." (Hosea 4:9). The bottom line is we have the very religious leaders and the resultant system the people want.

So to change the system, i.e., to turn the world right side up, His people must REPENT. They must turn from their wicked ways and once again desire to have Him as King reigning over them.