• God Will Restore the Ancient Pathways

God Will Restore the Ancient Pathways
    by Peter John Peters

The true body of Christ is a wonderful and marvelous thing, for each member in it has different gifts and abilities, and functions with Jesus Himself as the head (1 Corinthians 12). The true members, i.e., the baptized, repentant believers, have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38) and one of the many functions of the Holy Spirit is to guide us into all truth (John 16:3) and enlighten us or illuminate our understanding.

Concerning truth, this writer has experienced and observed over the years that if the Christian will accept the truth God grants him, regardless of the cost, then more will be granted in time. If he objects to receiving truth God may be revealing to him because of potential consequences or cost that will come with accepting that truth, then more truth ceases to come. This would explain the plight of the five foolish virgins whose lamps were going dim, i.e., ceasing to illuminate, for they had not bought what the other five virgins had bought, and thus as they went to buy, they missed the wedding supper (Matthew 25:10). The virgins are Christians (2 Corinthians 11:2). A more complete explanation on this most important subject of the marriage supper, the first resurrection and how it ties into the coming fieiy judgment that is coming upon us (2 Peter 3) and the prophesied awakening of the dry bones of Ezekiel 37, is given in our ongoing lengthy cassette tape series entitled Power, Prophecy, Destruction and Deliverance.

That series began with a personal presentation to me many, many months ago by another member of the body of Christ who had, over the years, a calling to research and study the subject of the 91st days. As I have explained in the series, the Spirit began to bear witness to me that it was truth, but I knew there could potentially be a cost in making that truth known. That cost being attacks, ridicules and rejection by some of the remnant that I ministered to. Since the time of the first presentation in April of 2001, there has come for this preacher a flood of additional Bible revelations and understanding like he has never before experienced. So goes the saying "A truth whose time has come."

It is this preacher's conviction that, as of September 18, 2001, we have entered into a chronological time-period identified in the Bible as "a Sabbath Rest." Consequently, it is no accident that from many different directions truths about the Sabbath (which include the 91st days) and the ancient Hebrew calendar (followed by our Israelite forefathers) is coming forth, as well as truths about the Sabbath festivals or feast days of old.

For us today, the call of the prophet Jeremiah was long ago and even then, he was exhorting to go back to the "ancient paths" that the people had forgotten, and thus their land was being devastated and their enemy triumphing over them. "For my people have forgotten me, they burn incense to worthless gods and they have stumbled from their ways, from the ancient paths, to walk in bypaths, not on a highway, to make their land a desolation, an object of perpetual hissing; everyone who passes by it will be astonished and shake his head. like an east wind I will scatter them before the enemy; I will show them My back and not My face in the day of their calamity." (Jeremiah 18:15-17).

"Thus says the Lord, 'Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.' And I set w atchmen over you, saying, 'Listen to the sound of the trumpet! 'But they said, 'We will not listen.' Therefore hear, O nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them. Hear, O earth: behold, I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their plans, because they have not listened to My words, and as for My law, they have rejected it also." (Jeremiah 6:16-19 NAS).

The festivals and the 91st days were all under the fourth commandment of "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy," as there were several Sabbaths besides the seventh day. (A truth that I did not come to fully understand until this last year.) A study of the old, ancient Hebrew calendar, a solar (not a Jewish lunar) calendar, beginning with the spring equinox, reveals that the 91st days always fell on a 7th day Sabbath day, so they were always observed. Interestingly enough, the fourth commandment was the only one the enemy could steal (John 10:10) and our Sovereign God had them do so, to carry out His judgment upon Israel, as decreed in Hosea 2:11: "I will also put an end to all her gaiety, 'to all her feasts, her new moons, her Sabbaths, and all her festal assemblies." (Emphasis added).

These were to be restored in due time as the apostles well knew, just as they knew in God's scheme of things a restoration of the kingdom of Israel would transpire. Thus their question to Jesus in Acts 1:6, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the Kingdom to Israel?" They understood there would be a restoring process and it has been going on. At the time of that question, Israel was scattered throughout the world and much of Israel was under the rule of the Roman Empire. The slaves and subjects of that rule were subject to the calendar of the day, just as the Christian worker of today is subject to the calendar of these times. Thus at that time (the 1st Century), only a partial or beginning of the restoring of the Sabbath festivals, taken from them for so long ago, had begun. It was the restoring of the Passover. As we have pointed out in our ongoing tape series and in past mailings, it is the Door Day. As for the 7th day weekly rest, the historical fact cannot be denied but that the early Christians assembled not on Saturday, but on what they termed the Lord's Day, AND THE EARLY CHURCH KEPT THE CORRECT PASSOVER, the Door Day, which is the 14th day of Abib (Exodus 12:6).

Concerning this point, we will now quote from one of our mail-outs in 2001 entitled Concerning the Observance of the Five Sacred Days:
    "Now, let's further consider the observance of the 14th day of Abib which came to be known as Passover. It too, has been concealed but we do have the two Bible witnesses but it does take some searching out. Remember the wicked ones were the ones who were the Judiazers promoting leaven in the early church? They were the agnostics as well. They were at work then, as now, to distort the truth (Acts 20:30 and 2 Peter 3:16). The truth is, the early church kept and observed the 14th day of Abib, i.e., Passover. The first Bible witness to this comes in Philippians 3:17 'Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.' To observe those who walked according to the pattern they received from the apostles, we need to go to the lives and writings of the ante-Nicene fathers. These are the men who lived from the time of the Apostles to about 325 A.D. when the Roman emperor Constantine held the Council of Nicaea. For the purpose of this writing, I present two ante-Nicene fathers (as a double witness) who endorsed the observance of the 14th day of Abib (Passover) and taught the early Christians to do so. One is Irenaeus (130-200) who was bishop of the church at Lyons (in modern-day France). The other is Polycarp (69-156) the Bishop of Ephesus (possibly the one of Revelation 2:1) who was a disciple of the apostle John and was martyred at an old age. Early on, those of Daniel 7:25 were at work making alterations in times (appointed times) and worked to change the observance of the 14th day of Abib (Passover) to another time now known as Easter (the date of which changes each year). Polycorp visited Rome in 159 to confer with Bishop Anicetus and urged the observance of the 14th day stating that he received this teaching from the Apostle John. Irenaeus is recorded as writing to Victor, bishop of Rome, in 190 defending the Christians in Asia Minor who celebrated the 14th day rather than the day set for Easter and observed by the Christians in Rome. This was a major issue and one addressed by the Council of Nicaea wherein the Christians in Asia Minor, who came to be known as Quartodecimans, lost out. The following quote about the Quartodecimans is taken from page 547 of A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs by David W. Bercot, editor: 'The Quartodecimans were Christians who celebrated the Christian Passover (later called Easter) Nisan 14 every year—regardless on which day of the week that Nisan 14 fell. This practice was primarily followed in Asia Minor, and the Christians there testified that the apostle John had handed down this practice to them. History shows the Quartodecimans existed until the fifth century.' "For those of you who seem to think observing this day is not important, can you not at least see that the early church thought differently and claimed to be doing what they knew should be done i.e., observing that day? Even when the correct day was altered to Easter Day, it was at least understood to be very important to observe. Today the church world has become so removed from this knowledge (apostate) that no day matters, and some self-righteous ones condemn Pastor Peters for telling you that at least it once mattered and he thinks it still does. The enemy is still trying to keep God's people away from the door day i.e., the Passover."
    The following scripture as taken from Psalms 74:1-8, as stated in the Septuagint, requires little explanation, and is not in the Masoretic text, "O God, why hast Thou utterly cast off? Why is Thy wrath extreme against the sheep of Thy pasture? Remember Thy congregation which Thou host purchased of old; this portion to Thine inheritance which Thou host redeemed; this mount Sion on which Thou hast dwelt. Lift up Thy hands against their perpetual haughtiness; for all that the enemy hath wickedly done in Thy Holies. They who hate Thee have indeed triumphed: in the midst of Thy festival they set up their own signs: The signs pointing to the entrance above they did not know. As if in a forest of trees, they cut down with axes the doors of that entrance. Then with hatchets and mattocks they broke it down. They burnt Thy sanctuary to the ground with fire: they profaned the habitation of Thy name. They said, The whole brood of them are in their heart set upon this: come, let us cause to cease from the land the festivals of the Lord."

The restoration of the Sabbaths will no doubt be in steps, but at least the first step should be keeping the Passover, just as the early church did on the 14th day of Abib. That is from solar noon April 2, 2002 to solar noon April 3, 2002. Make that day a day of rest, and partake of communion consisting of unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine. Suggested Bible reading would be Exodus 12 and 1 Corinthians 11:23-34. This would be the restoral process, which, in this preacher's opinion, is to begin now at this prophetic time-period, first by the remnant. Last year much of the remnant observed the back up provision date for the Passover (Numbers 9:11 and 2 Chronicles 30:13). The next step in this restoral process is to observe the 91st days, which we have advised our readers and listeners in previous writings and sermons, and now also the spring equinox.

Those days for 2002 are March 19, 2002; March 20, 2002; June 19, 2002; September 18, 2002; December 18, 2002. Remember on the ancient calendar the Israelites followed, these were all regular 7th day Sabbath days.

Notice this preacher has added the spring equinox, which is March 20, 2002. This was (and is) the first day of the solar year on which the ancient Hebrew calendar was based, thus there are two Sabbath days in a row (March 19 and 20, 2002). Those days are to be observed from solar noon to solar noon (adjust for daylight savings time when applicable to your time and place).

Now remember, most Christians will reject all this and much, even of the remnant, may also. In fact (as of this writing) many will continue or renew their attacks, criticisms and so-called scholarly mocking of Pastor Peters. So be it, the choice is yours, and this type of action on this subject is nothing new (see 2 Chronicles 30:10).

Know this, the enemies of God's people have been making alterations in these times (Daniel 7:25) and this preacher has made himself more of a target of their hatred and plots than ever before by making these truths known to you. The enemy understands the interacting of the two forces. The force of time and the force of gravity that in turn effects matter. To change matter or the physical world involves the change of time. For example, the children of Israel were commanded to keep the Passover at and on a specific time (Exodus 12) and as a consequence, the parasitic material world of the Egyptians that were feeding off the Israelites, was eventually completely disrupted and destroyed. Now, if they had some way or another gotten the children of Israel to change the time, i.e. date, to say, Easter Sunday, the change in matter would not have happened, i.e. the changing force available to Israel would have been diverted.

As this restoral process continues all the Sabbaths, i.e., festivals or feast days will some day be observed in a completely restored Kingdom (see the Prophesy in Zachariah 14:16-19). All of the old ancient calendar will be put in place and thus Jeremiah's admonition of returning to the ancient paths will come to pass.

As we have shown in our many past pulpit messages over the years, man's counterfeit system to the Kingdom, which he likes to call a "new world order," mimics God's way. In this case, it is making plans for a new caledar, which interestingly enough, has its own four 91st days as well. Consider the following quote taken from Volume 1 of The Gale Encyclopedia of Science, "Perhaps the best suggestion for a new calendar is the World Calendar, recommended by the Association for World Calendar Reform. This calendar is divided into four equal quarters that are 91 days (13 weeks) long. Each quarter begins on a Sunday on January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. These four months are each 31 days long: the remaining eight months all have 30 days. The last day of the year, a World Holiday (W-Day), comes after Saturday December 30 and before January 1 (Sunday) of the next year, it is the 365th day of ordinary years and the 366th day of leap years. The extra day in leap years appears as a second World Holiday (L-Day) between Saturday June 30 and Sunday July 1. The Gregorian calendar rules for ordinary, leap, century, and non-century years would remain unchanged for the foreseeable future."

More on this subject will be given in our on-going cassette tape series Power, Prophecy, Destruction and Deliverance, including the Bible story found in Luke 15:8-10 of the woman who lost the one coin. It significantly ties into all of this.