• God's Chosen People

God's Chosen People
    by Gerald L. K. Smith

I grow weary of the theological propaganda put out by the mind-washers and the innocent believers to the effect that "Christ's worst enemies are God's chosen people."

God called Abraham aside and assured him that "in thee and thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed." Out of this seed came the Old Testament family of Israel, the true Israel. They perpetuated themselves through divine guidance and anticipated the arrival of the Messiah.

The formation of the family of Israel had only one purpose: to give mankind the Saviour of the world. In God's covenant with the seed of Abraham, He said: "Him that blesseth thee, I will bless. Him that curseth thee I will curse."

People write to me and talk to me who have been misled by the fallacious logic of the modern Jew who justifies the crucifixion of Christ and curses Him as a fake Messiah. They would have me believe that the modern Jew is the seed of Abraham, and if anyone dares to criticize him or challenge his authority or his doctrine, he shall be cursed; and if one flatters the modern Christ-hating Jew and praises him and cooperates with him, he will be blessed. What a twisted, fallacious, erroneous interpretation of the Holy Scripture.

God meant exactly what He said when He assured the family of Abraham that He would bless the true Israel and curse them that cursed the true Israel; because its fundamental purpose was to build a foundation of law on which the message of grace could be established. Man had to discover that sin was incurable and that no man is perfect. As John says: "We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. We are none perfect, no not one." This established in the mind and heart of man that there had to be an atonement, a forgiveness, a grace, a Saviour.

Jesus came and satisfied all those needs. In the meantime, the so-called House of Israel had been saturated with imposters and greedy seekers after power.

When Jesus presented Himself as the true Messiah in fulfillment of the Holy Scripture and as the true seed of Abraham, an aggressive gang of Canaanites, imposters and hypocritical Pharisees did everything they could not only to repudiate Him, but to bring down the scorn of the people upon His shoulders.

Hecklers who taunted our Lord were greeted with the words, "Ye are of your father the devil, a liar from the foundation of the earth."

Enemies of Christ posing as the seed of Abraham manipulated the courts, the politicians, and those in positions of judicial and military authority to the point where our Lord, the true Messiah, was sentenced to death, and in fulfillment of the Scripture and the prophecy: "Became the lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world."

Midst jeers and scornful remarks, He was nailed to the cross after He had been tortured, beaten and ridiculed. People do not realize that Jesus was not merely flogged. The flesh was virtually beaten off of His body, and for all practical purposes, He was crushed, defeated and annihilated. His enemies gloated over their victory as they prepared for their continued pursuit of political power and money-changing gains.

Defeat was turned into victory, and the true seed of Abraham blossomed in the resurrection and the great commission and the ascension of Jesus Christ.

Following His ascension in the divine order of things, the first Pentecost following the resurrection was chosen as the day to divide the sheep from the goats, and to issue the challenge of salvation to all mankind beginning with the true seed of Abraham. Devout men gathered from all over the earth and accepted Jesus Christ by the thousands. Miraculously Saul of Tarsus, who was killing the Christians and flogging the believers, was struck down by the hand of God and he was given a vision of the true saving personality of Jesus Christ. He later became what was commonly referred to as the Apostle to the Gentiles; namely, the uncircumcized families of the earth. But he assured them that they, too, were to be the seed of Abraham "circumcized by faith."

Pilate, who believed in the innocence of Jesus and dreaded to pronounce sentence upon Him but yielded under the political pressure of the apostates, cried out to the screaming multitude: "His blood be on you and your children." And they echoed his pronouncement by saying: "His blood be on us and our children."

There you have the division. Those who claim to be Jews and were not, as mentioned in Revelations 2:9: "I know thy works in tribulation and poverty, but thou art rich and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews and are not, but are of the synagogue of Satan," Again in Revelation 3:9, we read: "Behold I will make them of the synagogue of Satan which say they are Jews and are not but do lie. Behold I will make them to come and worship before thy feet and to know that I have loved thee."

For 2,000 years the greatest contest in human history has been between Christ and the antichrist. The mindwashing instruments of the antichrist have deceived the very elect by representing the persecutors, the crucifiers, and the killers of Jesus Christ as God's chosen people

Who are God's chosen people? They are the people who have chosen to approach God by way of the name of Jesus Christ, the true Messiah, the true seed of Abraham, the true child of the true Israel.

The Israel of the Old Testament was graduated out of the dispensation of the law into the dispensation of grace, and the covenant that God made with Abraham was fulfilled in the coming of Jesus Christ in His great commission for salvation, and in His ascension to the Father, and before He ascended He said to His followers: "I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself."

As a believer in Jesus Christ, born of water and the spirit, I am of the seed of Abraham, circumcized by faith. Thus when God made His covenant with Abraham saying that those who cursed the seed would be cursed, and those who blessed the seed would be blessed, He was referring to those of us who have been true to this covenant by accepting the seed of Abraham by way of the blessed Virgin and fulfilled by the fatherhood of God.

Who are God's chosen people? They are the people who have chosen Jesus Christ as their Saviour, as the true Messiah, as the seed of Abraham and of the Holy Spirit, delivered to mankind by the blessed Mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary. The enemies of Christ will eventually be compelled to realize that the glory of God is upon those who honor His Son, and the curse of God is upon those who dishonor His Son.

No man knoweth the day, nor the hour when the Son of Man cometh, but when He comes to set up His kingdom, He will give authority to those who have accepted His name, and not to those who have cursed His name.

To establish a state on this earth and call it the State of Israel is to glorify a counterfeit, and for theologians and Christian leaders to identify this counterfeit State of Israel, set up by the enemies and crucifiers of Christ as the natural fruits of God's covenant with Abraham blasphemes the very name of Jesus Christ.

Is It Unscriptural To Criticize The Jews?

Abraham was called of God and with Abraham God made a covenant. The purpose of this covenant was to create a special family with a special seed line to be known as Israel. Out of this seed line came a special nation and a special family of mankind. They were protected against the adulteration of their blood line and they were instructed under the school master of God's law summarized by the ten commandments.

God assured Abraham that he and his seed would be protected and gave him this assurance with the following words found in Genesis 12:3, "I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed."

God kept that covenant and is still keeping that covenant. How did God propose to bless the whole earth through the seed of Abraham? The answer is clear and simple: Through the coming of Jesus Christ.

The seed of Abraham by way of the Virgin Mary when matched with the personality of God gave us His Virgin-born Son Jesus, the Christ.

Thus, God kept His covenant with Abraham by way of the Bethlehem manger, Golgotha's Cross, the open tomb and the coming of the Holy Spirit.

Warning! The forces of the anti-Christ and the apostates who not only crucified our Lord and denied His deity, but still perpetuate their anti-Christ teachings, would like to convince the world that the seed line of Abraham and that the covenant God made with him is being fulfilled byds way of the enemies of Christ and the crucifiers of Christ rather than by way of the believers in Christ and those who have accepted Him as Lord and Saviour.

Always remember the Scriptural admonition that "Christ is the end of the law," and we who have accepted Him as our Lord and Saviour are of the true circumcision as indicated in the Scripture Colossians 2:11, "Ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ."

This means without doubt that we in Christ are the heirs to God's covenant with Abraham when He said: "I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee." That promise is for the believing Christian who has accepted Christ as his Saviour. Warning! Apostate Jews and sometimes even blind and mis-informed Christian leaders put out the propaganda that if a believing Christian criticizes an unbelieving Jew that he will be cursed. Nothing could be further from the truth. The warning on the other hand, should go to the enemies of Christ who curse the believing Christian. Upon him is the curse of God.

We Christians are the seed of Abraham by way of the "circumcision of Christ," which is indeed not a physical circumcision, but a circumcision of the spirit.

Those who curse us will be cursed. Those who bless us will be blessed—that is, as long as we remain true and faithful to our Blessed Lord and Saviour.

What bigger lie could Satan tell than to represent the crucifiers of Christ and the organized enemies of Christ as "God's chosen people?"

Yes, God has a chosen people but they are the ones who choose Him. God is fulfilling His covenant with Abraham by way of the lovers of Christ and not by way of the enemies of Christ. We must not be spineless cowards in the presence of those who curse our Lord. We must stand up to His enemies, glorify His name, and resist their Christ-hating techniques. Otherwise, we will forfeit the blessings which He has promised both here and hereafter.

Note: Theological mind-washers operating on the side of the enemies of Christ have actually stimulated a superstition that it is dangerous to criticize a Jew even though he curses the name of Christ and denies His deity and brands our Lord as the illegitmate son of a lewd woman. Let it be noted that the most successful evangelical preacher in history (Martin Luther) was completely alert to the Jewish question and wrote the strongest book which was ever written on the subject entitled "The Jews and Their Lies" by Martin Luther. His stand against the organized anti-Christ forces was built largely around his understanding of the Jewish question.