• Against Apion RSS Feed

by Published on 01-06-2010 02:15 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Flavius Josephus

BOOK II

1. IN the former book, most honored Epaphroditus, I have demonstrated our antiquity, and confirmed the truth of what I have said, from the writings of the Phoenicians, and Chaldeans, and Egyptians. I have, moreover, produced many of the Grecian writers as witnesses thereto. I have also made a refutation of Manetho and Cheremon, and of certain others of our enemies. I shall now (1) therefore begin a confutation of the remaining authors who have written any thing against us; although I confess I have had a doubt upon me about Apion (2) the grammarian, whether I ought to take the trouble of confuting him ...
    by Published on 01-06-2010 02:13 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Flavius Josephus

FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS AGAINST APION

BOOK 1.

1. I SUPPOSE that by my books of the Antiquity of the Jews, most excellent Epaphroditus, (2) have made it evident to those who peruse them, that our Jewish nation is of very great antiquity, and had a distinct subsistence of its own originally; as also, I have therein declared how we came to inhabit this country wherein we now live. Those Antiquities contain the history of five thousand years, and are taken out of our sacred books, but are translated by me into the Greek tongue. However, ...

• Recent Forum Posts

KonigKlaus

Re: Tithing

reprinted from hosfell.org newsletter:
    Has anyone explored the many changes in the priesthood from the Levitical to the Melchizedek? Weren't most (all?) of the Levitical practices been done...

KonigKlaus Today, 01:45 AM Go to last post
    Erik

Re: Who Are The Pastors?

I'm bumping this because it is a very important issue especially within DSCI. We have so many who claim to be Pastors, Elders, or anyone that holds themselves as a higher up in a Church that aren't...

Erik Yesterday, 02:27 PM Go to last post
    Erik

Mary Not a Perpetual Virgin

Mary Not a Perpetual Virgin

Of course Mary was a Virgin when she bore Jesus. That is one of the most important parts in the Bible, but she was not a virgin for life. Jesus did have brothers and...

Erik Yesterday, 01:38 PM Go to last post
    TrueBeliever

Re: What's The Greatest Threat to True Israel's Survival?

That in short is it! Well said.

TrueBeliever 01-17-2020, 07:23 PM Go to last post
    TrueBeliever

Re: What's The Greatest Threat to True Israel's Survival?

I picked other, because all of the listed reasons are true and I couldn't really single one out. I guess if a) you don't know our one and only god (who hath no other gods before me). Second the...

TrueBeliever 01-17-2020, 07:19 PM Go to last post
  • CNN Videos