PDA

View Full Version : Johns quits Blues after race storm

malachi83
06-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Johns quits Blues after race storm

Andrew Johns has quit his post as assistant coach of the New South Wales State of Origin team after a racism storm that has severely damaged the squad.

Johns made the decision on Saturday night while issuing apologies to both Timana Tahu and Greg Inglis for comments he made on Wednesday night at a team bonding session.

The Nine Network reported Johns as telling centre Beau Scott he needed to stop "that black c***", a reference to Maroons Aboriginal star Greg Inglis.

Through a statement Johns intimated that after talking with Tahu he realised the true effect of the comments he made.

Johns only became aware that Tahu was offended with the comments after the winger left camp on Friday and was not able to speak with him until after training today to discuss the matter.

"Two nights ago while trying to talk up the match I made a disparaging comment about a member of the other team and in the process of that I referred to the colour of his skin."

"I should have thought more what I was saying about a player whom I have always admired and respected and I hope to speak with Greg soon to explain what happened.

"I only hope that by stepping aside I can show others how seriously I am taking this issue and hopefully others may learn from it as well"

"I would love nothing more than to see Timana re-enter the team.

"It is something I deeply regret and I will do all I can to repair my friendships with both Greg and Timana and to regain the respect of those I have let down."

Joel Monaghan has been called into the NSW squad in place of Tahu.
Origin II is at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Wednesday.

- Yahoo!7 June 13

Obadiah 1:18
06-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I was just hearing about all this nonsense on Wide World of Sports a few minutes ago.

The constant pandering and kow-towing to non-whites that whites have to do nowadays, makes me sick. It'll get to the point where you won't be able to look sideways at a non-white without being called a racist or a hater.

The Juden must be patting themselves on their hairy backs over this. Enjoy it while it lasts, Jewboys, because you can only push whites so far before they start hitting back with the flaming fire of Yahweh's vengeance in their Israelite eyes.

malachi83
06-12-2010, 11:15 PM
that I referred to the colour of his skin

It looks like race does matter and skin color.If it didn't matter then there wouldn't be this problem.Non whites are racist as well,I mean just look at their rap lyrics which you can buy at any record store.Why are whites only racist?

RACIAL DIFFERENCE - MORE THAN SKIN DEEP
http://www.kingidentity.com/seedline.htm

malachi83
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Mal Brown in AFL race furore

Australian rules football heavyweight Mal Brown has described some indigenous players as "cannibals" at a footy function in Melbourne.

Brown made the gaffe on Wednesday while speaking at a luncheon at Etihad Stadium to mark the 15th anniversary of the EJ Whitten Legends Game charity event.

He played 14 games for VFL club Richmond in 1974 but had a long and distinguished playing and coaching career in the WAFL and coached many champion indigenous players including Norm Smith and Maurice Rioli.

In a reference to poor lighting at early Legends games in which he coached, Brown said: "We have a distinct disadvantage the West Australians because the Victorians picked both sides.

"They cheated, they picked the best players. And because there were no lights, I couldn't pick any of the cannibals.

"I couldn't pick Nicky Winmar or Michael Mitchell or Chrissy Lewis. All the good black fellows, we couldn't pick them because they couldn't see them in the light."

The remarks come hot on the heels of the controversy in rugby league surrounded racist remarks allegedly made by NSW state-of-origin assistant coach Andrew Johns about some players of indigenous and Polynesian descent.

Brown, later told the Herald Sun newspaper the remarks were a joke.

"I've really got no comment," he said. "It was a private function and everything I said was in jest."

Greater Western Sydney coach Kevin Sheedy, a long-time supporter of indigenous players in the game, said the remarks were out of step with Australia today.

"Malcolm just goes overboard sometimes and it's a problem," Sheedy said.

"He's got to understand that it's a ridiculous statement.
"He thinks it's funny, and I don't. That's a problem when we're trying to re-educate our country."

- AAP June 17

malachi83
06-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Dipper dumped by AFL

The AFL is poised to dump Robert DiPierdomenico as an Auskick Ambassador for a racist slur that league chief executive Andrew Demetriou has branded as 'bizarre' and 'completely stupid'.

DiPierdomenico, a five-time premiership player with Hawthorn, described fellow Brownlow Medallist Gavin Wanganeen as 'not too bad for an abo' at a football function in Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills last week.

"He's actually acknowledged that he has said it," Demetriou told Fairfax Radio.

"I know he's very remorseful about what he said ... but this is a bizarre statement from him, a completely stupid statement."

Demetriou said the fact that DiPierdomenico has spent the past week fishing in the Northern Territory with Michael Long, a prominent advocate for the rights of indigenous footballers, made his gaffe all the more ironic.

"He's been an incredible ambassador for children and with the role that he's played with us in promoting football, particularly in the indigenous community," Demetriou said.

"I don't think that he can continue on in that gig (as Auskick Ambassador) in the short term because ... it's a really unacceptable thing that he's said."

"He hasn't got a racist bone in his body, this bloke, but this is a completely stupid, ignorant comment and completely unacceptable."

"There's no place for it in the Australian community."

DiPierdomenico is the second prominent AFL figure to be censured by the league for racist comments in two days.
Western Australian legend and former Richmond powerbroker Mal Brown was forced to apologise for referring to aboriginal players that he once coached as 'cannibals' at a charity lunch on Wednesday.

- Sportal - June 18

Obadiah 1:18
06-18-2010, 01:10 AM
There's no place for it in the Australian community.

Demetriou is a non-white who has no right to say what does or doesn't belong in the Australian community. Racially compromised Greeks didn't build this nation, white Europeans did, you stupid wog!

Once the economic rot sets in, and Australian society begins its inevitable and rapid collapse, Demetriou and his comrades are going to throw their arms around racism, as though it were a long lost love. Worrying about offending sub-humans is going to be the farthest thing from their mind as they struggle to protect themselves from the Muslim hordes and black street gangs that are going to come looking for their women and material wealth.

malachi83
06-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Every white man who says a racial slur gets in trouble but when non-whites say slurs against whites would that make the news???

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==