PDA

View Full Version : Messianic Judaism ... Please Define.

SaxonJackson
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
I've been watching this new movement called "Messianic Judaism" grow by leaps and bounds in recent years and I'm still not too sure what to make of it. There seem to be several flavors of thought within this movement but I still can't seem to find a specific definition or solid statement of beliefs.

For years I've known that Identity Christians have used the "sacred names" (Yahweh & Yahshua) for God and Jesus Christ. I used those names myself for several years. This new movement also uses those names which adds somewhat to the confusion.

It seems that they believe in elevating "Torah"; they're big on using Jewish terms like "Shabot Shalom," etc.; they fully believe that the Khazars holding Palestine hostage are "God's chosen race" and consider them direct descendants of Judah; they refuse to use the word "God" without putting a dash between the G and the d (G-d); they WILL NOT utter the name, "Jesus Christ" as they believe that it is a paganized name. I've been using that name for many years and believe that it refers to the Son of God Who was the perfect Lamb sacrificed for our sins and Who redeemed His people and children, the twelve tribes of Israel.

What information or opinions do you have? What are some good arguments to use against these people concerning their desire to return to Old Testament rituals, ceremonies, and animal sacrifice?

Any good links or information will be appreciated. I frequent another site that has been utterly taken over by these Jew-lovers.

Exile
03-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I always ask these people; why do you help the Jews to rebuild the Temple so they can start sacrificing again? Was not the blood of Christ a good enough sacrifice for you? So far they have never been able to give me a response.

Exile

daveUK
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Messianic jews do not believe that Jesus was the messiah. They believe in the coming of a messiah but that the messiah has yet to come. As far as they are concerned Jesus was not the messiah that was prophesized and therefore all the levitical laws on sacrifice etc are still in effect. They regard Jesus as a fake. They are closely allied with another sect known as the B'nai Noach whom they regard as 'righteous gentiles'. The B'nai Noach are Torah observent non jews who live as jews. They also believe in the coming of a messiah but like the messianics they also say that Jesus was a fake.

Both sects are despised by traditional jews but like the traditional jews they also despise Christians.
There is really nothing to distinguish any of them from one another in that sense. They are all Anti-Christ.

SaxonJackson
03-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Messianic jews do not believe that Jesus was the messiah. They believe in the coming of a messiah but that the messiah has yet to come. As far as they are concerned Jesus was not the messiah that was prophesized and therefore all the levitical laws on sacrifice etc are still in effect. They regard Jesus as a fake. They are closely allied with another sect known as the B'nai Noach whom they regard as 'righteous gentiles'. The B'nai Noach are Torah observent non jews who live as jews. They also believe in the coming of a messiah but like the messianics they also say that Jesus was a fake.

Both sects are despised by traditional jews but like the traditional jews they also despise Christians.
There is really nothing to distinguish any of them from one another in that sense. They are all Anti-Christ.

There seem to be several versions of the "Hebrew Roots Movement." In some ways, it tries to mirror the Christian Identity belief but it's miles away in other ways. I used to use the "sacred names" (Yahshua & Yahweh) until the Jewish Hebrew Roots/Messianic Judaism sprung onto the scene and use those names exclusively (along with "Shabbot," "Shalom," "Shabbos," and other such sh**. In an effort to distance myself from this rapidly growing and seemingly popular group I now use the standard English renderings -- God & Jesus Christ. There are some members of this movement who seem to accept Christ as our Savior but they seem to believe that His shed blood in somehow insufficient. Others deny Christ outright. In either case they are teaching a false doctrine.

seedliner
07-07-2011, 11:07 PM
MEMORABLE QUOTATIONS on Judaism & Christianity:

"Christianity is completed Judaism, or it is nothing."
- BENJAMIN DISRAELI, financial speculator, British prime minister,
Sephardic Jew, and ardent Zionist

"There are really only three kinds of Judaism:
Orthodox, Reformed, and Christian."
- PAT BOONE, popular singer, media personality, American goy, and Christian Zionist

"Christianity is Judaism for non-Jews."
- FRIEDRICH WILHELM NIETZSCHE, German philosopher,
poet, and classical philologist

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==